POSITION: Chef de Rang
REPORTING TO: Restaurant Manager
PURPOSE OF ROLE: To deliver excellence in customer service by continuously identifying ways to delight and exceed customer expectations whilst maintaining agreed standards of service and product delivery in line with Palé Hall business objectives and contractual obligations.
You will need to be motivated and well organised. You will need good communication skills, and a clear understanding of what your HOD requires. You will need the ability to work both as part of a team, and be able to lead from the front. You will be expected to provide your HOD with all the support they need, and have a positive and flexible attitude towards your working environment.
Remuneration depending on experience.
Temporary live-in available.
POSITION: Commis Chef
REPORTING TO: Head Chef/Sous Chef
PURPOSE OF ROLE: To assist in the preparation of attractive high-quality food, in an efficient and professionally run kitchen. To cook dishes and carry out tasks as directed by senior chefs, whilst working in a hygienic manner – in line with Company guidelines. You must ensure that all equipment, machinery, utensils etc. are operated in a safe, professional way, to the highest standard at all times, and that you have received the relevant training for you to be operating such equipment.
PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS: You will need to be motivated, punctual and organised, with good communication skills and a clear understanding of what your position requires. You will need to be focused and have the ability to work as part of a team. You will be expected to be well presented at all times, with the correct protective clothing/chef’s uniform.
- Work in a safe manner complying with Palé Hall Company Standards, Health & Safety, Food Policy etc
- Work in a safe manner complying with legal requirements
- Ensure your work area is clean and tidy at all times – and thoroughly cleaned down after service, as per Palé Hall standards
- Follow instructions with regard to correct working practices for each task carried out, to ensure risks to you and others are minimised
- Comply with legal requirements regarding fire precautions, first aid and reporting of accidents etc
- Work in a professional and mature manner at all times
- Carry out tasks as requested by senior chefs
- Maintain a positive and flexible attitude to your working environment
- Work in accordance with house rules
- The job will also include all other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time.
- No adverse reports from management/senior staff
- Good quality, well presented food produced
- Portion control/stock levels adhered to
- Company requirements met at all times
- Legal requirements met at all times
- Working area kept clean and tidy
- Good personal presentation